A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL EBONERD GEAR AND PRACTICES.

Monday, April 19, 2010

BATHROOM FINGER click here:


Here's another treat for all of the chrurch nerds out there... specifically black protestant church nerds. As you are aware there is a proper way to move from your church pew to the bathroom in the middle of a church service... with your "pointer finger" pointed up. Why is this the black church bathroom ritual? I haerd that it traces back to slavery days, but I am not sure if that is the official story. the only thing we can say for sure is that it has magical powers that makes one invisible while exiting a worship service.

If you are visiting a black church this Sunday, feel free to use the bathroom finger & impress everyone with your proper church etiquette. I have actually caught myself instinctually throwing up the bathroom finger at my own home when excusing myself from dinner with company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

EBONERD: nerdSWAGGER Design by Insight © 2009